I have been to these country-states Vatican City, Monaco, Andorra and this time I will be heading to San Marino. Two more sleeps and the journey will begin. I am already done packing my luggage. I just need to finish little things and I am off for my first travel for this year.
It has been my dream to visit this so called oldest republic in the world. This is written in the travel flyer that was sent to me when I booked this 8-days trip to Italy. One of the places to be visited is San Marino. In fact, a friend who also love to travel convinced me to travel with her because San Marino is included in the itinerary, or else I won’t join her in this trip. Besides, we also had a great deal with this trip. It is really very cheap, the reason why we also booked it.
I once met a German retired lady who was with the group I traveled last year. She mentioned that this country-stay is just so small that in some hours, you can already see everything. This is quite interesting.
These are the things I would surely do in San Marino;
- Will surely take a lot of photos in this place. My cameras are already fully loaded now.
- I want to see all of its 3 towers.
- Walk on its narrow alleys.
- I would love to have my passport stamped at the tourist information centre. This will surely be a great souvenir from this place.
- Buy souvenirs like postcards, fridge magnet and keychain.
- If there is enough time, try its local cuisine or delicacies.
- I would love to send a postcard at home with San Marino stamp.
It is good to know that San Marino is 20 times bigger than Monaco and half the size of Liechtenstein. I both visited these country-states, the first one in 2011 and the latter last year in spring. It is very interesting to know that the site “San Marino: Historic Centre and Mount Titano” has become part of the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2008.
Photos to come when my travel is over. I am also praying for a safe and sound trip to Italy and San Marino and of course back home too!