Milan, Milan! I finally visited Milan. My friends told me not to miss shopping when visiting this city. Of course I went shopping but only for souvenirs and not on signature or branded items. It was not included in my budget because I already invested with a more expensive hobby… Not on shopping but on traveling. I visited four countries last month and it already cost me some fortune. Inspite of that, I am still happy because traveling is truly one of my passions and I don’t mind giving away some money for it. Another passion is taking images of the anything especially the places I visited. I simply love doing it!
The Duomo di Milano or the Milan Cathedral is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites together with its important museums, theatres and landmarks.
Taken during my visit in Milan last March 2012. © www.myeuroangel.com
It is the cathedral church of Milan, Italy. Dedicated to Santa Maria Nascente (Saint Mary Nascent), it is the seat of the Archbishop of Milan, currently Cardinal Angelo Scola.
As you can see in my picture here, the weather was not so friendly that day when I visited Milan. The sky was gray and it even rained in the afternoon while I had a meeting with a former schoolmate. That was great seeing her after two decades. Can you imagine that? We did not see each other after we graduated in college. And here it was, we met somewhere in Europe! It was truly a nice and fulfilling day seeing her. Despite of the not-so good weather and the limited time during that day-trip to Milan, I am still thankful that I had the chance to visit this beautiful city.
Here are some facts about Milan:
- It is the second-largest city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy.
- Milan was founded by the Insubres, a Celtic people around 400 BC.
- It is the main industrial, commercial and financial centre of Italy and a leading global city.
- The city is also well known for several international events and fairs, including Milan Fashion Week and the Milan Furniture Fair, the largest of its kind in the world, and will host the 2015 Universal Exposition.
- The city is a major world fashion and design capital.