The Bishop’s Palace, also known as Gresham’s Castle, is an ornate Victorian house located on Broadway and 14th Street in the East End Historic District of Galveston, Texas. The house was built between 1887 and 1893 by Galveston architect Nicholas J. Clayton for lawyer and politician Walter Gresham.
The American Institute of Architects has listed the home as one of the 100 most significant buildings in the United States, and the Library of Congress has classified it as one of the fourteen most representative Victorian structures in the nation.
The home is estimated to have cost $250,000 at the time; today its value is estimated at over $5.5 million. The Galveston Historical Foundation provides self guided tours of the house on weekends.